SARGENTO MOZZARELLA CHEESE IS FREE OF ANIMAL RENNET, BUT THE OTHER TYPES ARE NOT!
Some of Sargento cheeses are made with non-animal rennet,but there is only a few,including mozzarella. However, their brand includes many different varieties, of which may include rennet from animal source. Below is the company’s reply, it should be read and understood carefully.
Thank you for your question. Most Sargento shredded and sliced cheeses and all of our refrigerated Sargento natural cheese snacks are made with non-animal rennets. The only Sargento natural cheeses that may contain animal enzymes are those that contain
- Jarlsberg cheeses
- Artisan Blends Shredded Parmesan & Romano Cheese,
- Shredded 6 Cheese Italian Cheese,
- Shredded Reduced Fat 4 Cheese Italian Cheese,
- Deli Style Sliced Jarlsberg Cheese
The following types are made with beef rennet;
- MooTown Snacks,
- Cheese Dip & Cracker Sticks,
- Cheese Dip & Pretzel Sticks,
- Cheese Dip & Crackers